Outpost Firewall Pro provides a superior arsenal of defense against PC infiltration. Outpost ensures your online security with solid protection against all Internet-borne threats. Outpost is the first personal firewall developed with Open Architecture. It is also the first personal firewall that supports plug-ins.
t is also the first personal firewall that supports plug-ins. Sample plug-ins are included to show how this revolutionary technology can easily be employed for such tasks as Intrusion Detection, Advertisement Blocking, Content Filtering, E-mail Guard, and Privacy Control. It is equipped with every feature a personal firewall should have. It is the most functional firewall in the world. It supports all the latest security techniques and features such as: Full Stealth Mode, Anti-Leak, and MD5 Authentication.
Being online is fraught with dangers: Internet worms, spyware agents, Trojan horses, hijackers and more can wreak havoc, causing anything from slow performance to system crashes to full-blown identity theft. And to provide you with the kind of protection you need in these days of cyberthieves and online extortionists, your firewall must be able to monitor all inbound and outbound traffic and protect you from any unauthorized intrusion by rendering your PC invisible to anything that you haven’t authorized to see it.
What you get:
* Advanced firewall for secure connections
* Antispyware to keep your PC spyware-free
* Host protection to block zero-day threats
* Web control to protect your PC from web-borne threats
• Safety on the Internet. The two-way firewall stops inappropriate or malicious access to your computer from both internal (LAN) and external (Internet) sources. As a frontline defense, it prevents malware from spreading or “phoning home”, providing protection against hackers, loss of personal data, unknown malware, and unauthorized program activity.
• Preemptive threat protection. Outpost’s Host Protection module monitors how programs interact to protect your system against high-level security breaches and has passed all well-known leaktests to prevent unauthorized transmission of information from your PC.
• No more spyware! Eliminate spyware with Outpost’s dedicated antispyware utility. Regular updates and always-on monitoring ensure that spyware cannot activate and cause damage to your data or divert your applications.
• Secure web surfing. The versatile Web Control module safeguards you against the Internet’s darker side. It steers you away from websites infected with drive-by downloads, prevents the inadvertent disclosure of personal information, limits your exposure to potentially unsafe web properties, and keeps your identity private.
• Bulletproof self-defense. Outpost cannot be deactivated by targeted attacks, ensuring continuity of protection.
• Power without complexity. Whether you’re a security novice or expert, you can easily configure Outpost Firewall Pro to meet your needs. Thanks to automated and context-sensitive help, the firewall can learn how to handle alerts and make decisions for you, so you can focus on what you want to do, and leave the security to Outpost!
Supported platforms: 32- and 64-bit Windows (Vista, XP, Server 2003), Windows 2000 (SP3 and above).
Changes in Outpost Firewall Pro 2008 (build 6.0.2279.251.0482) February 26, 2008:
The following improvements are introduced:
* Compatibility with Windows Vista SP1
* Compatibility with Windows Server 2008
* Ability to automatically create rules for applications signed by trusted vendors
* Ability to disable content filtering for specific applications
* Ability to block Flash banners and ads by GET request
* Auto-Learn mode improvements
The following issues are resolved (only significant ones are listed):
* Anti-Leak Control:
o PC could freeze on Anti-Leak Control prompt if Punto Switcher was installed on the computer
o Windows 2000 system could freeze on Anti-Leak Control learn dialog
o FEEDBACK.EXE service issues (incl. Anti-Leak Control false positives, crash on system startup)
o Anti-Leak Control false positives if processes write to their own memory on Vista32
* Performance and stability:
o Outpost could crash on downloading updates
o Outpost could crash on displaying network activity
o Outpost could crash on Vista x64
o Slow start on Vista 64
o CPU high load on deleting files to Recycle Bin on Vista 64
o System slowed down while importing large list of advertisement keywords
o Compatibility issues (McAfee Security Center 8.0, BitDefender 10.2, nProtect GameGuard, CA Anti-Virus 22.214.171.124)
* Update and installation:
o Error 101 while updating the product
o Some folders were not deleted after installation over Outpost Security Suite 2007
o Configuration was not imported correctly if installing over Outpost Security Suite 2007 or Outpost Firewall Pro 4.0
o Windows Security Center integration issues
o Service could not be unloaded if exiting the product while updating Outpost on Vista 32
o Scan history was not preserved after switching to background scanning mode
o Incorrect details of registry keys were displayed in quarantine
o Web Control exclusions did not work
o Issues while processing IMAP protocol traffic
o Operation logic in case of “Allow Once” response to Rules Wizard prompt is changed
o Files which size exceeded the specified value were checked irrespective of the corresponding setting
o NAT Zone flag did not work correctly if LAN was marked as trusted
o More minor fixes